Look for our sun icon throughout the site to determine which hats are UPF 50+. These fabrics are tested by the Australian Radiation Protection Agency and block 97.5% of the sun's ultroviolet rays. Ultraviolet radiation, or UV, is present in sunlight. The Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) shows how well a fabric protects your skin from solar UV. But remember, a Wallaroo hat only protects the skin it covers. Safeguard the rest of your body by wearing sunglasses and sunscreen.
Here's a brief description of the tried and true Wallaroo fabrics.
To care for these fabrics:
Handwash cold using a mild liquid hand soap.
Do not use Woolite® or bleach.
Do not dry clean.
- Canvas: A closely woven cotton fabric that can be packed and crushed, but always retains its shape.
- Microfiber: A synthetic, lightweight, packable and crushable, 100% polyester fabric. Water repellent and quick-drying.
- Poly-Straw & Poly-Braid: The look of straw in a breathable polyester knit or braid.
- Poly-Propylene Braid: The look of straw in a breathable, polyester-propylene braid.
- Canvas Ribbon: A 100% cotton ribbon sewn together in multiple layers. Packable, crushable and light-weight.
- Poly-Ribbon: A 100% light-weight polyester ribbon sewn together in multiple layers.
- Raffia: A natural palm leaf fiber grown on the island of Madagascar. Hand woven. Do not wash.